In this guide
If you’re considering buying a marketing list, think carefully.
You want your recipients to want to receive your emails, so ensuring that everyone has opted in and wants to be there is imperative to its success.
There are two key top tips to help you build your list; first create attractive reasons for people to subscribe your list giving you leads and then provide an enticing opt-in form that they cannot help but complete.
The lead attraction
This is something that will attract your potential prospects to become a lead by completing our opt-in form and is usually in the form of a free offer.
Whatever the offer is, it must have value to the recipient and be good enough for them to feel confident to provide you with their email address.
The kind of things you could offer include:
The main thing when creating your ‘lead attractor’ asset is that you need to make sure that it is useful and has purpose for your prospects.
Here are our top tips:
- Make it easy to consume. Make sure the asset can be digitally downloaded to a PC or mobile by providing a PDF document, a video, a link to a webinar or a landing page. The easier it is to use and consume the more likely your new prospect will provide their email details.
- Protect the relationship you have just started, ensure that what you offer is not disappointing and offers value so that it provides your prospects with the quality product they can expect to receive throughout their relationship with you.
- Treat the lead attractor as the step before engaging your prospects with a paid solution. Your offers need to eventually guide your subscribers to becoming a paying customer, so your free content needs to demonstrate the value your business can provide.
- Solve a problem. Provide practical information that creates a realistic way to solve a problem.
- Provide the right offer that is relevant to your subscriber’s journey with you. Is your recipient a customer, a lead, a prospect, and opportunity? Knowing your audience through effective segmentation ensures that you are always speaking the right language at the right time.
Create an opt-in subscriber form that is enticing to your target audience.
Your opt-in form is how you get your target prospect to add themselves as a subscriber to your email list.
This is the first step for making your future lead possibly become your future customer.
Sample lead magnet from Hubspot
Here’s what we recommend
- Make the form attractive – this means it looks good and sounds good. Your form should be branded, stand out and describe an offer that your target audience cannot resist.
- Don’t deceive to entice people to receive. The information you provide on your form needs to be a fair representation of the offer.
- Establish your credibility, explain what the emails are for and this will help get people interested in receiving them.
- Keep it simple. Ask only for essential information, make your form too complex and it will put people off.
- Keep your user experience fluid. You need to be sure that before you go live the flow of the form is professional and positive. Always test that the form works, and the offer being promised is delivered as you intend and how the recipient will expect.
One thing is for sure, when you have your list of email addresses, and you start to send content out, remember they have invited you in.
Be polite and respectful with your content and that way your subscribers will want more from you.
If all this sounds challenging – look no further, we can help you with all of the above!
More in this blog series
- Part 1 – How to make Email Marketing work for you
- Part 2 – Why an Email List is One of Your Top Marketing Tool
- Part 3 – How to create and build your email marketing list
- Part 4 – How to understand your Email Marketing analytics
- Part 5 – Top Tips for Email List Segmentation
- Best Free Email Marketing Software In 2021